In February Hong Kong National Co-ordinator Bk.Mornie came from Madhuban with the blessings from Dadi Prakashmani, Dadi Janki and Didi Dr.Nirmala to give a lecture on Raja Yoga at Ramakrishna Mission, Colombo.
In July Bk.Chris Connely was sent from Hong Kong and a centre was opened officially in August at No.8, Chandraleka Mawatha, Borella, Colombo 8.
* Bk.Janaki was sent from Malaysia in August.
* Center Moved to Campbell Place Dehiwela.
Brother Jagathesa, the Late Chairman came and took the responsibility of Srilanka Brahma Kumaris Raja Yoga Centres.
Brahma Kumaris were introduced to the SriLankan government when Didi Dr.Nirmala was in Sri Lanka. She met the former late Prime Minister Hon.D.B.Wijethunge and discsussed about bringing meditation into the school curiculum.
"The Year For Harmony" focusing on the inclucation and application of spritual powers. Seminars started for the public on various topics.
Dadi Janki the present Chief Administrative Head Of Brahma Kumaris World Spritual University visited Sri Lanka. Dadi gave the message “Peace has to come in Sri Lanka” and launched the “Sharing Our Values for a Better World” an international project.
Didi Dr.Nirmala met with the former late Prime Minister Hon.Srimao Bandaranaike and presented her the book on “Visions of A Better World”.
* Dadi Janki visited to inaugurate the BK owned centre at Dehiwala.
* Started to print the 1st Sri Lankan News letter “The Messenger” for the membres of University all over the world.
A National Peace Initative was introduced to the country with the aim of collecting a “Million Thoughts for PEACE”. Religious dignitaries from all religions and nearly a thousand people attended the inauguration ceremony.
* Brahma Kumaris Raja Yoga Centres in Sri Lanka incorporated by an Act of Parliament of No.37/1998, by the Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
* Children’s week was celebrated from 3rd to 5th October. The programme was entitled Meditation for Children. 50 children ages between 8-13 participated. Former late Minister Hon.Jeyaraj Fernandopulle attended as the chief guest.
* Dadi Prakashmani former Administrative head of the University visited Sri Lanka.
* “Igniting The Spirit Of Human Dignity” and “Igniting the Spirit of Youth” was jointly introduced with workshops and seminars.
Culture of the Peace was co-ordinated in most parts of country and was recognized for an award from UNESCO.
Monthly Seminars on Arts of life were held.
* Dialogue of Exploring Spirituality for Professionals was held.
* 2nd International Hindu Conference took place in Colombo. Dadi Gulzar, Additional Administrative Head of Brahma Kumaris visited Sri Lanka in order to participate in the conference.
International Jurists’ Conference took place on 10 & 11 April at Grand Oriental Hotel, Colombo.
Service to the Tsunami victims was really a Call of the Time. As thousands and thousands of families and individuals were affected by the sudden tidal waves of Tsunami. The Brahma Kumaris were able to offer a helping hand and a healing mind to many. Distribution of essential food items, cooking materials and clothings were carried out with medical treatments in most of the affected areas. The most heartfelt and needy support was sharing of spiritual knowledge with team in various forms such as exhibitions, workshops, lecturers and meditation sessions.
International Children’s Day was celebrated in a grand way at Saraswathy Hall Colombo-4. Children from all ethnic group worked together on the theme of “Respect-Give & Take for a Value Based Society”.
2007 / 2008
Raja Yoga Meditation was introduced to more than 50 cities covering 15 districts through out the country. The project was very successful. We were able to establish more than 30 centres and sub centres within a very short time. Exhibitions, Shiv Jayanthi Rathabavani and 7 day course classes were held around the island.
Good wishes & pure feelings (on going project) is a National Meditation Initiative that will be spread through thoughts. Powerful vibrations of love, peace & power will be received by all who are under going mental, physical suffering & pain.
Rehabilitation Service – On going project with the Bureau of Commissioner General of Rehabilitation.