You can't always change situations. You can never change other people. The only thing you can change is yourself. The eight powers of Raja Yoga are always available to help you in every situation that you will face in life. With self-transformation as your goal, your life will be a great journey of discovery. You will discover how to cope with every challenge and how to live well in every situation.
- the power to withdraw is the ability to step back and disengage from the world around you
- the power to pack up is the ability to bring things to an end and to stop wasteful thinking
- the power to accommodate is the ability to expand and accept the presence, ideas and desires of others.
- the power to discriminate is the ability to discern the subtle, and separate what is true from what is false.
- the power of judgment is the ability to assess the quality of choices, decisions and actions in yourself and in others.
- the power to face is the ability to confront and resolve external and internal obstacles, tests and challenges.
- the power to co-operate is the ability to give attention, time, experience and wisdom in the service of others and to work alongside them.
- the power to tolerate is the ability to respond to external and internal events positively, yet not be affected by them.
You can think of yourself as a superhero, who has been given eight powers. As you learn how to use your powers, they become stronger in you. Just like any superhero, you learn the skill of applying the right power at the right time and in the right situation.